Tuesday, June 7, 2011

While Daddy's away, we will . . .

We did have a few days of just the three of us. Here are some of the things we got into
Andrew & I went to see Thomas Live. It was our first show, and the first "date" that we've had in a long time. Andrew loved to see Thomas, and he was awesome. We had a lot of fun together, I think it helped knowing that we'd be picking up Dad the next day. Special thanks to Grandpa John & Grandma B (Bumblebee) for hanging out with Matthew!
We started to run low on steam by the end of Brian's two week trip; thankfully Brian had a fun trip to see trains planned for us. We stopped to get lunch after this extremely hot outing. It was amazing that the boys could sense when I'd had enough. They were so sweet and well behaved. I could not believe that Andrew would happily share his lunch. Love this!
Cheese!! Realized that I forgot to take a last day of school picture. Can't believe our little man is moving onto the 3's in the fall. We have loved his cricket class, it has been an amazing experience for him & us!
This is at the grocery store halfway through Brian's trip. We were all starting to get sad and miss Daddy. All in all, we did great, but some moments were really tough. Could not believe this, the one time our bananas have a sticker with a saying, "Place sticker on forehead. Smile." Perfect! Thanks to Matty for being a good sport!
ta-da! I made it my mission to have Matty walking(ish) before Brian came home. He did take his first steps, and many more after. Yeah!! He's still not gung-ho on the whole walking business, no matter how well he does it. He can walk down the hallway, turn corners, but his favorite thing is to run around the house with this crazy dump truck.

1 comment:

Laura Gattis said...

Awww... looks like you guys had some fun times together while Brian was away. I'm sure him coming home to Matty walking was really exciting. Hope you guys are doing great! xoxo!